Tuesday, April 29, 2014

      Well, my stay in Sheridan, Wyoming, is about over.  I will leave in the morning on a 6 hour drive to Denver and stay with my niece, Danielle Paullin, for a few days.  I have had a delightful time in Sheridan enjoying family time with Dave, Cathy and David (or Mr. B as he is lovingly known in the family) Paullin.  Cathy is a dietitian and fabulous cook so we have enjoyed wonderful meals.  I must say Uncle Dave is not a novice in the kitchen, either, and made an excellent meatloaf with elk meat and pan fried trout caught ice fishing this winter with Mr. B.
       Sheridan, with a population of over 17, 000, has a vibrant Main Street with some wonderfully tempting shops.  There are a couple interesting murals in the downtown area and all along Main Street are numerous bronze statues with, usually, a western theme but, I did spy a rather large statue of a frog. Why, I don't know but, it did bring a smile to my face.  I have posted a couple photos of these below.
       Sheridan has some interesting history attached to it.  One of the most interesting historical facts is that Buffalo Bill Cody auditioned acts for his Wild West Show while sitting on the porch of the Sheridan Hotel.  Also, the Battle of the Little Bighorn which was Custard's Last Stand took place not to far from here.
       Well, it is close to dinner time so I will close for now since I am not one to be late for dinner, especially if Cathy is the cook!


Scupture of buffalo hunter

                                     

The Buffalo Bill Bar at the Sheridan Hotel


                                                   

                   Buffalo head over fireplace in a meeting room at the Sheridan Hotel


Wall mural in Sheridan


Hmm,  who is this cowgirl?  I don't think I would want to run into her in a dark alley.



Sheridan country off Dave & Cathy's deck


No comments:

Post a Comment