Wednesday, April 9, 2014

     Well, need I say it has been a little crazy since arriving at Jimmy's in Fairview, Montana. I arrived Monday evening just as Brittany was loading the kids in the car for Taylor's first soccer game.  So I got out of my car directly into her car and drove to the soccer field at the fair grounds in Sidney and met Jimmy there.  And who do we meet there but Karla Steppler, a teacher I worked with at Maple Grove in Battle Ground.  She is originally from this area and was back for spring break visiting family.
         My final day of driving from Missoula to Fairview had good weather and was rather uneventful. However, I did find out that driving 90 MPH was unexceptable when the nice Montana Highway Patrol stopped me.  Fortunately it was only $40 which I paid on the spot. (Travis, your little radar detector would have come in handy!)  I learn my lessons quickly, however, and drove a little slower following that encounter.
      Yesterday was another full day ending with Colton's birthday celebration.  After dinner Colton opened his presents, or should I say he assisted his sister in opening his presents.  As typical for a 1 year old, his favorites were the boxes in which his presents came.  When will adults ever learn!  Of course birthdays are not complete without birthday cakes and Brittany made sure he had his own little cake that he could eat, or should I say play with to his heart's desire.
Today, Wednesday, was another busy day with Taylor having dance class at 2 PM and soccer practice at 4 PM.  Brittany, Colton and I did errands during dance class and before soccer.  Now it is off to home and get ready for dinner and evening activities.  So until the next free moment and the next entry, so long, farewell, until we meet again. ....




2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it to see her. How big she is. What a fun time for you and how special for them to have Grandma there on these firsts. Thanks for sharing. Jewel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jewel! Thanks for your response. Taylor, the one in pink shirt kicking the ball, is off the growth chart for a 5 y/o. Not surprising with Daddy, 7 ft, and Mom almost 6 ft. It has been great spending a couple weeks with grandkids and watching Colton becoming more proficient at walking.

    ReplyDelete