Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sunday 25, 2014

( This entry was finally published on 5/28/14 but written mainly on Sunday the 25th. )  
          Well, it certainly has been a busy couple of days!  I leave for Roswell, Georgia,  near Atlanta on Monday (tomorrow), and I am trying to squeeze everything in before leaving Conroe.  I arrived at my dear friends, Colleen and Clyde Hunter, Friday morning.  Clyde is building a second house at Lake Livingston, about 45 minutes from here and wanted me to see it.  So on Saturday, yesterday,  Clyde took Colleen, me and a dear friend of Colleen's, Bonita, and I must say Clyde did a great job of entertaining three women!  It was a pure laugh fest all the way!  Clyde has done an amazing job building his second home even though Colleen strongly disagrees about the placement of the front and back door.  :-))  See picture below.
On the way home, Clyde treated us to wonderful barbecue at a local establishment.  My brisket was great and the fried okra was to die for!
        Colleen took me to visit her daughter, Holly, and Holy had made the wooden plaque pictured below and gave it to me on Friday.  The sentiment expressed on it blew me away.  It is so sweet and humorous at the same time.  Holly is definitely gifted!  Holly, I can not thank you enough!  It is a gift I will always treasure and to think you didn't even know about my little speeding ticket when you created this treasure!
       Today is Sunday and we started it with going to Clyde and Colleen's church, Cypress Creek Christian Church.  They remembered the fallen veterans and I was able to light a candle for Jeffrey and several others.  It was a wonderful service.  This afternoon Colleen and I were able to lay out by the pool and enjoy a quiet afternoon.  The other highlight of the day is Colleen's fixing Louisiana Boudin.  See picture below.  Well that is it for now.  I plan to leave in the morning and it will be a 12 to 14 hour drive to Atlanta area.  So until the next entry.....


I neglected to include on last entry a picture of my dear friend Virginia Hare.


One of the projects Virginia and I worked on during my stay.  After around 20 cans of Rustolium, this lawn furniture and more were completed!


Virginia's youngest son, Charles and wife, Cheri, and children


Colleen's very gifted daughter, Holly, made me very meaningful and treasured plaque. 





Bonita, Colleen's good friend, Colleen and I in front of the Lone Star Barbecue Restaurant.   Excellent food!


GREAT FOOD!


Colleen and I at her new 2nd home at Lake Livingston.  The running joke between Colleen and Clyde is that Colleen says there is no back door.  Clyde says it is across from the front door.  Well Clyde, I hate to tell you, there is no front door either. You have two side doors!  This observation is of course said with love!


Clyde's pride and joy!  Clyde, you really have done an amazing job building this all by yourself with some help from a friend.


Oh yes!  The outhouse with home made urinal!  Obviously Clyde can build anything!  :-))


The large plant to the left of the car is a century plant, as big as the car!  Everything grows bigger in Texas!


A picture of Clyde and Colleen's backyard. Beautiful!  Clyde built this house also!


Colleen's treasured Boudin!  It was soooo good!  Thank you Colleen for sharing!









1 comment:

  1. Jan I wish I could have spent more time with you. You are a wonderful and dear friend to my mom. I'm glad you like the plaque, it was made with love. Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete